Monroe Child Custody Lawyer
Child Custody Matters in North Carolina
Child custody matters are among the most sensitive and emotionally charged legal issues families encounter. When children are involved, parents may be tempted to become more aggressive and less compromising in their behavior. This can make the resolution of any custody issue more difficult to achieve.
At Zach Jackson Law, P.A., our child custody lawyers in Monroe, NC, are committed to helping parents work through their disagreements in a constructive manner and reach an agreement that is in the best interests of their children. We understand the legal process and can help you navigate it with greater confidence.
Child Custody Basics in NC
Parents who are unable to agree on a child custody arrangement can ask a North Carolina family court judge to make a custody decision for them. In making such a decision, the judge will consider the wishes of both parents and the best interests of the child. In general, when making that decision, the court will look to the stability and continuity of the child's life as the most important consideration.
When deciding child custody matters, courts in North Carolina may consider the following:
- the wishes of the parents
- the child's preference if the child is mature enough to express a preference
- the child's relationships with parents, siblings, and other significant people
- the child's geographic location during the proceedings
- the child's age and developmental needs
- the child's adjustment to home, school, and community
- the parents' ability to cooperate with one another in the child's care
- the physical and mental health of the parents and child
- the parents' ability to provide a safe, stable, and nurturing environment for the child
- the child's need for a continuing relationship with parents and siblings
- the length of time the child has been in a stable, consistent environment
If you are involved in a child custody dispute, our child custody lawyers in Monroe, NC, can help you work through the issues and determine what is in the best interests of your child.
Enforcing Custody Orders
If your child custody arrangement has been violated by your ex or a parent's new partner, Zach Jackson Law, P.A., can help you enforce the order. We understand that it can be difficult to enforce a child custody order, but we will work with you to analyze the facts of the situation and determine the best course of action to get your child back into your care.
Contact Zach Jackson Law, P.A.
When you work with our child custody lawyers in Monroe, NC, you can rest assured that you are working with experienced and knowledgeable family law attorneys. We are committed to providing you with the personalized legal representation you deserve.
Call Zach Jackson Law, P.A. at (704) 734-9828 to get started on your child custody case. We serve families in the Charlotte and northern NC areas.