Monroe, NC Family Law Attorney
Trust Attorney Zach Jackson to be an advocate for you and your family’s best interests. He has practiced law for over a decade and navigated many highly complex family law cases.
Attorney Jackson can handle cases involving:
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- Separation agreements
- Child custody and support
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Father’s rights
- Court order enforcement
- Alienations and affections
- Criminal conversation
- Restraining orders
- Domestic violence
- Emergency custody
Of course, every family law case is as unique as the people involved. Discuss the specifics of your situation and find out how our Monroe family law attorney can help you in a consultation. We can set these up in person or virtually. We know you likely have many responsibilities to juggle, all on top of tending to legal matters. That is why we do everything possible to make working with us simple and convenient.
Connect online or call (704) 734-9828 today. Our lawyer serves clients across Union County.
When to Hire a Family Law Attorney
North Carolina residents can take care of many legal issues outside of court. In fact, the state often has parties use mediation to settle divorces and other family law disputes. However, it is generally a best practice to retain an attorney, no matter how straightforward or amicable the legal situation seems.
Hiring a family law attorney can be advantageous during:
- Divorces: Even if the divorce is uncontested, having an attorney to review settlement terms and provide guidance during mediation and other negotiations can ensure a person’s interests and rights are protected.
- Child custody and support disputes: The right family law attorney can negotiate fair custody and support arrangements. Additionally, they can seek court orders when one spouse has failed to pay support or violated an existing custody agreement.
- Adoptions: Whether it is a familial or third-party adoption, the process can be complicated. With so much at stake, hiring an adoption lawyer can help would-be adoptive parents avoid setbacks.
- Cases of domestic abuse: A family law attorney can secure protective orders that keep victims of abuse and their families safe. They can also help parties seek divorce and custodial settlements that protect their family’s best interests.
- Estate planning: Establishing pre- and post-nuptial agreements can be advantageous for many couples. Having an attorney draft and review these agreements can ensure they are enforceable and fair. Additionally, an estate planning lawyer can work to alter wills, trusts, and other estate matters after a divorce.
Attorney Jackson is a capable and highly experienced lawyer. His know-how and skills make him an excellent choice for anyone searching for a family law attorney in Monroe.